Re: [g-a-devel]GtkStatus thing ...

Hi Padraig,

On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 08:51, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> Currently for GtkStatusbar, in gailsttausbar.c, we report the text on the label
> as the Accessible name of an AtkObject.
>
> We do not currently implement AtkText interface.
> Do you believe that adding this interface adds value ?

	It depends very much on what you see the name vs. the Text being useful
for. eg. with a label it has no name but uses the Text interface to
expose the text (typically).

	It would seem to me that a name is a static thing eg. 'Status bar'
whereas the Text interface exports something that can change - and the
status bar changes it's contents extremely frequently.

	It'd be good to firm up what the name is good for vs. the Text
interface.