Re: [g-a-devel]gail patch ...
- From: Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman sun com>
- To: Padraig Obriain sun com, michael ximian com
- Cc: gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org
- Subject: Re: [g-a-devel]gail patch ...
- Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:18:55 +0000 (GMT)
> This adds support for the (pending) gnome program hooks for
>accessibility so we can dynamically enable / disable it on the fly and
>avoid GTK_MODULES hacks.
> May I commit ?
Though we do need some non-GTK_MODULES-based mechanism for loading
accessibility support if it does not live in the supported library
itself, GTK_MODULES is the agreed upon API for loading gail itself.
The gtk_module_init method should stay, since it is the only method that
is guaranteed to work for 'pure GTK+' apps (i.e. those that do not call
Any proposals to change that need to be run past the release team *and*
the GTK+ team, and would require all GTK apps to use gnome_program_init
or be otherwise gnome-module-aware.
Bill Haneman x19279
Gnome Accessibility / Batik SVG Toolkit
Sun Microsystems Ireland
] [Thread Prev