Re: [g-a-devel]Apps crashing and the at-spi

Hi Marc,

On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 14:20, Marc Mulcahy wrote:
> Hmmm, sorry didn't at all mean to imply that your code somehow wasn't
> working...

	Oh - that's almost certainly the case :-) I just needed more details to
say anything useful.

>  Basically, what seems to be hapenning is that I start my test
> app, then I start an app which crashes or is interrupted.

	Oh - ok; very odd. Clearly I'd expect all communication with the dead
application to result in exceptions, and prolly spew of the form:

      fprintf (stderr, "Warning: AT-SPI error: %s: %s\n",
	       error_string, err);

	But other apps it should be no problem for.

>  Then any future
> GNOME apps don't seem to properly communicate back to the test app (I.E., I
> get no more speech feedback from apps I start after the first one
> crashed).  I'll try to get a better scenario for you, and see what I can
> track down...

	Is it possible that the registry crashed ? that might produce the
symptoms you outline. If so, bonobo-slay and run the registryd in the
debugger first.