RE: [g-a-devel]Gnome 2.0 : accessibility for the gnome-cd application

>No, that typically doesn't happen.  However consider a screenreader in
>"review" mode - it attempts to present to the braille user (or
>text-to-speech user) a line representing the text along a particular
>horizontal "row" of the screen.  If text is contained only in single
>lines arranged on items such as buttons, the screenreader uses the
>screen coordinates of the containing object.  For multiline text this
>doesn't work, thus multiline text must either be placed in individual
>(possibly non-focussable) AtkComponent-implementing AtkOBjects, as the
>name returned from atk_object_get_name (if the text is unattributed, and
>simple enough) or it is returned as AtkText, in which case character
>extents information should be provided.

As i understand from the discussions till now, there are 2 approaches which
we could follow to provide accessibility for the CDDisplay custom widget in
gnome-cd.

1.The first approach is to try to expose  separate AtkObjects for each
PangoLayout. Does it mean that we have to implement AtkComponent for the
container of the PangoLayout (which is the custom widget in this case)? Or
can we override the atk_component_ref_accessible_at_point() method for the
custom wiget, so that it returns different AtkObjects for each of the
PangoLayouts depending on the x and y values. Also, i guess we need to
implement a separate factory for the PangoLayout so that we can set the
accessible name and description for each of the PangoLayouts and the code
for this would reside in the application itself.

2. The second approach is to try to implement most of the AtkText interfaces
for the custom widget.

Which one do you think would be more appropriate in this particular case?

Regards,
Jayaraj

AtkText
> > interface to be implemented. The atk_text_get_text() interface of
AtkText