RE: [g-a-devel]Gnome 2.0 : accessibility for the gnome-cd application

Bill,

On Jayaraj's question 3:

> > 3. When we say GAIL library already has some code to
> implement AtkText
> > interfaces for a PangoLayout, do we mean to say that
> applications can use
> > the functions provided in GAIL to implement its own interfaces?
> > Doesn't that make the application dependent on GAIL?
>
> In this case the application would have a build-time dependency on
> gail-util.h.  It would have the same runtime dependency when
> used in an
> accessible context as any other application, but if gail is
> not present
> at runtime the application should still function (depending on how one
> structures the initialization code for the custom widgets, at least).

I guess what you mean here is not to make the custom widget accessible IF
Gail isn't loaded in the first place.

Jayaraj, have a look at the implementation of get_accessible for libgtkhtml
(html_view_get_accessible in gtkhtml2/libgtkhtml/view/htmlview.c). The
if(first_time) block checks whether Gail has been loaded by querying the
parent widget's factory. If loaded, the code proceeds to register the
factory of the custom widgets.

Bill/Padraig, Can we pull this functionality (check for GAIL) into a
common-reusable function/MACRO ?

Hope this helps,
Mukund.

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.