RE: [g-a-devel]Top level windows

Padraig,

Firstly, confirming if we are on the same page with regards to this
problem -

When I choose an option from the menu bar, the menu items under that
option get exposed as separate windows (role = frame) subsequently. That
is, once selected, the menu-items along with the menu gets reported as
frames even though they are not visible.

I am pasting the output for eog using my text tool -

-- output --

|- eog : invalid : |- Eye of Gnome : frame : Co:
   |- null : panel : Co:
      |- null : panel : Co:
         |- null : panel : Co:
            |- grip : separator : Ac:Co:
            |- null : menu-bar : Co:Se:
               |- File : menu : Ac:Co:
                  |- null : menu : Co:Se:  <---
                     |- New Window : menu-item : Ac:Co:
                     |- null : menu-item : Ac:Co:
                     |- Open... : menu-item : Ac:Co:
                     |- null : menu-item : Ac:Co:
                     |- null : menu-item : Ac:Co:
                     |- Close : menu-item : Ac:Co:
                     |- Exit : menu-item : Ac:Co:
               |- View : menu : Ac:Co:
                  |- null : menu : Co:Se:
                     |- null : menu-item : Ac:Co:
                     |- null : menu-item : Ac:Co:
               |- Settings : menu : Ac:Co:
                     |- Preferences : menu-item : Ac:Co:
               |- Help : menu : Ac:Co:
                  |- null : menu : Co:Se:
                     |- About... : menu-item : Ac:Co:
      |- null : panel : Co:
         |- null : panel : Co:
            |- grip : separator : Ac:Co:
            |- null : panel : Co:
               |- null : panel : Co:
                  |- Open : push-button : Ac:Co:Im:
               |- null : panel : Co:
                  |- Close : push-button : Ac:Co:Im:
               |- null : panel : Co:
                  |- null : toggle-button : Ac:Co:Im:
      |- null : filler : Co:
         |- null : filler : Co:
            |- null : filler : Co:
               |- null : filler : Co:
                  |- null : panel : Co:
                     |- null : label : Co:Tx:
         |- null : filler : Co:
|- null : frame : Co:   <---- AGAIN REPORTED!!
   |- null : menu : Co:Se:
      |- New Window : menu-item : Ac:Co:
      |- null : menu-item : Ac:Co:
      |- Open... : menu-item : Ac:Co:
      |- null : menu-item : Ac:Co:
      |- null : menu-item : Ac:Co:
      |- Close : menu-item : Ac:Co:
      |- Exit : menu-item : Ac:Co:
Finished querying children

-- End of output --

I initially thought it was some problem with my tool but at-poke reports
the frame too (when it's not visible).

Is this what you are referring to ? If so, it would be desirable not to
exporting them as separate windows (frames).

Cheers,
Mukund.