Re: [g-a-devel]Profterm :setting fonts through rc file

Pasupathi Duraisamy wrote:

>    While setting various themes for the profterm application through
> "rc" file I found that the "terminal widget" (currently its zvt
> terminal) in the profterm doesn't respect the themes in the rc files.
> Inorder to provide the feature of selecting themes from rc files I have
> made changes in the code, but when the font in the rc file is set as
> "sans 12"
> ("-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--12-120-75-75-p-67-iso8859-1")  it's
> not loading  properly. It works fine with other fonts like "courier 12",
> "lucida sans typewriter 14".

I don't know exactly what you mean by "not loading properly", but it
normally only makes sense to use a monospaced font in a terminal.
Courier and Lucida Typewriter are monospaced fonts, Adobe Helvetica is a
to use a proportional font in a terminal usually results in
unpredictable visual results, with large spaces between the characters
etc.

It might even be worth checking when you run the terminal to see if it's
trying to use a proprtional font, and if it is, post a message box with
a warning message and a button allowing them to choose an appropriate
monospaced font from the standard font dialog.  But that's probably more
of an enhancement for a future release.

Cheeri,
Calum.