Re: gnome-core status summary

Sometime around Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 01:16:23PM -0400, Havoc Pennington spoke forth and said:
> I don't consider allowing multiple browsers an important goal, if it
> costs us much. I think allowing the development of one good small
> non-nautilus browser might be an interesting goal though. (Mostly
> because I think it could have a better UI than Nautilus for help
> browsing, just a small simple thing like the Windows browser.)
>
> Of course there's nothing wrong with multiple browsers being allowed,
> I just wouldn't fall over ourselves to do it.

If I remember the gnome-doc-list thread on this, this idea was looked
at because running Nautilus on a slower machine everytime a help doc
was needed was painful.

There are alot of people who believe Nautilus is *the* way to go for
the docs, so I don't know if they can convince them to switch
gears. Though I think having just one small simple help browser is a
cool idea. Espcially if one tries to get docs for a gnome app when
they aren't in the GNOME environment.

cheers,
--
Trevor Curtis