Re: libsoup as a replacement for gnome-http

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 06:41:02AM -0400, Alex Graveley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2001-09-18 at 10:14, Sander Vesik wrote:
> > On 18 Sep 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > >   gnome-http
> >
> > Does something actually use - or will be using gnome-http in gnome-2.0?
>
> It has been suggested that I introduce the libsoup library as a
> replacement for gnome-http in Gnome 2.  libsoup is well integrated with
> Glib, and with the platform in general, supports a lot of cool features
> not in gnome-http (see below), and is flexible without being too
> lowlevel.

  yes it sounds cool. The question is "does it makes sense to incorporate
it as part of the platform at this point ?"
    - how many apps other than Soup itself are using it ?
    - how easilly can it replace gnome-http
    - I assume the Licence is LGPL or compatible
    - I assume there is some guarantee of having it maintained

  Is this a separate module in CVS ? Is it packaged separately ? How
much overlap with gnome-vfs HTTP module ?

Lots of questions, little time, even less data for the analysis.

Daniel