Re: Parallel Installation

Sven Herzberg <herzi runbox com> writes:
> If there is so much software prepared to a parallel install, why isn't
> there a list on developer.gnome.org about what packages are 'ported' and
> what not.

Can you clarify what you mean by "ported"?

I really think the parallel installs are essential to get people using
and testing these packages. It only takes about 30 minutes to fix and
test a package for parallel install, and people have known we had to
do it for the last many months. :-( I don't know why this wasn't just
fixed long ago instead of futzing with assorted build script hacks.

Anyway, I am going to try to get the fixes in CVS, and then rebuild my
RPMs on Red Hat 7.1, and then it should be possible to hack on the
GNOME 2 platform with no pain whatsoever.

Havoc