Re: Parallel Installation
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Sven Herzberg <herzi runbox com>
- Cc: "Gnome 2.0 Mailing List" <gnome-2-0-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Parallel Installation
- Date: 13 Sep 2001 17:53:43 -0400
Sven Herzberg <herzi runbox com> writes:
> If there is so much software prepared to a parallel install, why isn't
> there a list on developer.gnome.org about what packages are 'ported' and
> what not.
Can you clarify what you mean by "ported"?
I really think the parallel installs are essential to get people using
and testing these packages. It only takes about 30 minutes to fix and
test a package for parallel install, and people have known we had to
do it for the last many months. :-( I don't know why this wasn't just
fixed long ago instead of futzing with assorted build script hacks.
Anyway, I am going to try to get the fixes in CVS, and then rebuild my
RPMs on Red Hat 7.1, and then it should be possible to hack on the
GNOME 2 platform with no pain whatsoever.
] [Thread Prev