Re: ORBit2 parallel install fixes

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, R.I.P. Deaddog wrote:

> > > 	orbit_idl= bindir@/orbit-idl
> > >
> > > Should be changed to
> > >
> > > 	orbit_idl= bindir@/orbit-idl-2
> >
> > Yep, done. I now have bonobo-activation building against this version
> > anyhow. Working on libbonobo now.
>
> But vanilla bonobo-activation 0.9.1 fails to build, seems it uses
> ORBit 0.5.x header instead. Is HEAD branch of bonobo-activation required?

I'm posting too hastily, since a fix is found immediately. Another change in
ORBit-2.0.pc.in is needed:

	Cflags: -I${includedir} -I${includedir}/orbit-idl -DORBIT2=1

should be

	Cflags: -I${includedir}/orbit-idl -I${includedir} -DORBIT2=1

Then ORBit2 headers will be searched before ORBit1 headers. This way, both
ORBit1-devel and ORBit2-devel can coexist, as any package requiring orbit1
will use orbit-config instead of pkgconfig and will search $includedir .

Abel