Re: libgnomecanvas build problem

on 9/10/01 11:00 PM, Iain at iain ximian com wrote:

> However, quite often systems libraries and their headers are not warning
> clean. This is one major reason why I stopped compiling Nautilus builds
> during it's development.

You decided to stop compiling Nautilus rather than configuring with
--disable-more-warnings?

> * Again, this can also be an argument for you adding -Werror to your own
> code, but in my experience, the only people it hurts are the people who
> either don't have the skills, the time, or the impetus to fix up
> warnings and just want to compile the thing, so they can get on with
> their own stuff.

How do we reconcile your experiences with my experiences, where projects
that  I've worked on with the equivalent of -Werror had fewer problems
overall? What takes this out of the realm of personal preference and into
the realm of "you right, me wrong"?

    -- Darin