Re: [GNOME VFS] Merging libgnomevfs and libgnomevfs-pthread

On 02 Sep 2001 16:32:56 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Given the recent discussion on shared library proliferation, I think
> for GNOME 2.0 these libraries should be merged. There is no real
> reason to keep them separate. This may even help cut down on exports,
> since symbols exported by one that are only used by the other would
> not have to be exported at all.
>
> Comments?

My only concern would have been adding pthread as a firm dependancy when
it might not be necesarry, but everyone has pthread support these days
so I can't imagine it being a problem. Since we removed the broken CORBA
backend having libgnomevfs-pthread has seemed a bit strange. Perhaps at
some point we can remove some of that strange abstraction we have for
different async models.

Ian