Re: adding deps to libgnomecanvas
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Tim Janik <timj gtk org>, jacob berkman <jacob ximian com>, <gnome-2-0-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: adding deps to libgnomecanvas
- Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:44:22 -0500 (EST)
On 26 Oct 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> The correct fix is to have a libglade equivalent in GTK itself, but
> that was rightly punted from 2.0.
Quite - this is really why we feel safe moving libglade well down
the library dependency hierarchy.
> libglade isn't large, I don't think it's hurting anything. It's maybe
> 70K or so. If we only init the Glade module in libgnomecanvas lazily,
> you only pay if you use it.
Sure - the distributed modules are fine; we just need some
marginal way to disable libglade support in the canvas for now, until the
canvas is shipped on every system and Tim can depend on the system version
instead :-) that is - until beast is built into an embedded system.
mmeeks gnu org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev