Re: Floppy disk access in Gnome - followup.

On Sat, 2001-10-27 at 19:11, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Read the letters in this LWN back page; there is a link that describes how
> to set up autofs to operate much like MS DOS:
>
>   http://lwn.net/2000/0622/backpage.php3
>
> Now, run off and convince all of the distros to do it this way, and we can
> have a sane floppy drive for our desktop users.

Well as a good child I already did "run off" and try this before I
posted the article.  It doesn't work very well.  Certainly not well
enough for the general public.  Maybe you could "run off" and suggest a
another, better solution. I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks for playing.

Seriously as I mentioned before the kernel mail list is not for the
everyday person.  I'm not about to go hacking the kernel I don't have
the background or the skills but as I mentioned before I hoped that
someone or more persons here may have a better "in" with some of the
kernel developers.

By the way Havoc thank you for your answer.  I will contact the person
you mentioned.

--
George Farris - VE7FRG
George gmsys com