Re: GnomeModule, libglade

George wrote:

I think it would make sense.  But I don't think involving GnomeModule is
neccessary.  GnomeModule can be used to init the glade support if needed,
though inits should be kept to a minimum.  The less init code we do, the less
code needs to be mapped to memory before the app can do it's work.

I think apps could provide glade support and libglade would do the libglade
support init for those modules, not gnome-program.  I think this would be the
simplest and sanest solution.  And if you don't use libglad you don't end up
initting a whole bunch of extra libs.

Yep, gnome-program stuff shouldn't need to be involved with this. All that needs to happen is for glade-gnome.c to be moved to libgnomeui and glade-bonobo.c to libbonoboui. Then the initialisation functions for these just have to call the glade_module_register_widgets() function (the register function will need to be renamed; may as well use an underscore prefix, as it doesn't need to be public).

As for libglade initialisation, I think adding calls to glade_init() to glade_xml_init(), glade_register_widget() and glade_require() should make it unnecessary for the programmer to explicitly initialise libglade, which might make it easier to fit into the gnome-program init setup.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/