Re: gnome-utils (was Re: GNOME 2.0 Schedule)

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 07:06:17PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Bastien Nocera">
>
> > Like Jonathan said, it's ugly bugly. There's already gdialog in the
> > gnome-utils which is much more useful overall.
>
> Also complicated. I use gmessage+ to do this:
>
>   http://perkypants.org/screenshots/liedra-pop!.png
>
> That, unfortunately, is what happens when someone GPG encrypts something
> that you've set to pop up on your screen in procmail. ;) But it's not fugly.

Just use

gdialog --textbox file.txt 20 70

The two numbers on the end can be pretty much whatever for gui, but since
gdialog also works when no X is present, (that's the height and width
of a window when in curses mode)

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.