Re: GNOME 2.0 Schedule

> 	* sawfish
> 	* nautilus
> 	* control center
> 	* non-deprectaed parts of gnome-core, gnome-utils and
> 	  gnome-applets
>
> And the g-c, g-u and g-a very definately need a good "is this part merely
> completely made of crack or does it actually contain something useful"
> lookover. A good deal of their contents definately isn't.

(Try 2: My first try was too depressing to finish :)

gnome-utils needs made useful. Can we add gnome-games and gnome-media
into the list as well?

We need something like
http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.0-features.html
SOON! (sorry to keep bitching about this, but as dot.kde.org says "With
the Qt port out of the way, the KDE developers can now focus on the
planned KDE improvements." I don't often agree with KDE, but damn, is
this the right way to do it. Port the desktop to GTK2/GNOME2 then allow
some time to add features. You'll note that the QT port wasn't released
as KDE3 and then the features as KDE3.2. They ported the desktop as
KDE3alpha, and then once all the features are done, are releasing KDE3.)

iain

--
"It isn't rebels who cause the troubles of the world,
it's the troubles that cause the rebels." - Carl Oglesby