Re: Minutes of the GNOME 2.0 Release Team Meeting - 2001/10/13

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 01:57:41PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Minutes of the GNOME 2.0 Release Team Meeting - 2001/10/13
[...]
> * What does porting mean?
>
>   - 'Policy' on what is required for GNOME 2.0 core app
>
>   - Do we need that kind of 'policy' for Fifth Toe release?
>
>   - Something to take up with Malcolm, who is writing our porting guide

Umm ... what does this mean? Am I meant to have an opinion or just
follow instructions? What's a policy? I'm just writing a "how to do it"
thingie.

The only thing I can think you might mean is stuff like it should build
with DISABLE_GNOME_DEPRECATED and DISABLE_GTK_DEPRECATED defined and be
accessible. Is that what people have in mind, or ...?

Malcolm