Re: GnomeFontSelector

Owen Taylor wrote:

> I don't see any real reason why adding accessibility hooks to the
> XTerm code is harder than adding them to gnome-terminal.
> Yes, you might need some extra indirection to avoid having
> the core code depend on ATK, but I doubt the "accessible terminal"
> interface is that huge.
>
> Regards,
>                                         Owen

It's a big enough job, Marc Mulcahy and I looked at it once before.

XTerm is not a great candidate since in order to be accessible a UI
component must at the very minimum inherit from GObject, and I don't see
that dependency being allowed in XTerm proper.  Or do you mean that the
existing gnome-terminal could use xterm library code for terminal
emulation and paint the result into a GtkWidget rather than using
libzvt?  (At this point my knowledge of the architecture of
gnome-terminal, as opposed to libzvt, is stale and sketchy).

-Bill