Re: GnomeFontSelector

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 11:02:38PM -0400, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> 	Since gnome-terminal needs some way to select non Pango, ie. raw X
> fonts - I've done a fairly quick port of GtkFontSelectionDialog; and I'm
> just wondering whether we should include it in libgnomeui.
>
> 	If we do - it might encourage people to use it widely - which is
> perhaps not what they want. If we do we add a large chunk of API; should
> this be privatized ? the alternative is to cut & paste it into
> gnome-terminal[1].
>
> 	What do people think ?
>
> 		Michael.
>
> [1] - gnome-terminal cannot be effectively pangoized.

I've thought about it a bit more and does this really need to be in
libgnomeui?  I mean how many other places can't be pangoized easily and would
need it.  It could present a serious confusion to developers.

Perhaps just cut-n-paste to gnome-terminal could be enough.

If there are more then a few, then this would be a good idea to avoid
cut-n-paste, if gnome-terminal is really the only place then I think we can
just leave it cut-n-paste.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   What luck for the rulers that men do not think.