Re: Default encoding for the GNOME 2.0 .po files
- From: Zbigniew Chyla <cyba gnome pl>
- To: Keld J?rn Simonsen <keld dkuug dk>
- Cc: Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos gnome-db org>, gnome-2-0-list gnome org, gnome-i18n gnome org
- Subject: Re: Default encoding for the GNOME 2.0 .po files
- Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 23:45:03 +0200
On Tue, 2001-10-09 at 23:21:18, Keld J?rn Simonsen wrote:
> I would appreciate if this could still be the chouce of the
> submitter of the .po file. I think there is no technical reason
> to use utf-8, as gettext automatically can convert any charset
> into utf-8.
Conversion eats more memory. I'd call it a technical reason.
] [Thread Prev