Re: App porting document

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 01:32:00PM +0100, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Michael Meeks wrote:
> > On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

> > > 3. I need a short list of major changes from 1.x to 2.x:
> > >       - libglade
> >
> >         Almost nothing; the single most annoying thing is the change of
> > signatures to include the translation domain:
> >
> > - GladeXML *glade_xml_new       (const char *fname, const char *root);
> > + GladeXML *glade_xml_new       (const char *fname, const char *root,
> >                                  const char *domain);
>
> That may be true regarding exposed C API, but the DTD has changed a lot
> (ok, well, there *wasn't* one before :-)
>
> So there should be some docs regarding the DTD I think, since some
> users may wish to generate or modify the XML by hand.
>
> (I think they have to at the moment ;-)

Well, for the most part, you can use Glade and then run the conversion
script. In fact, for better or worse, that's really the recommended
approach at the moment, since Glade2 isn't available yet, so you really
need to keep the libglade1 format files around for editing in Glade.

Malcolm

--
Preserve wildlife. Pickle a duck.