Re: gettext usage in libraries
- From: Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>
- To: Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik sun com>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, gnome-2-0-list gnome org, gnome-hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gettext usage in libraries
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:51:47 +0000
Sander Vesik wrote:
> On 29 Nov 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik sun com> writes:
> > > > I don't know of *any* examples of this among existing written "primary"
> > > > languages. Please give an example of a language that has neither an
> > > > approved nor a proposed unicode code page...
> > > >
> > >
> > > Uhhh... unicode isn't even really complete for something as widely used as
> > > Tamil.
Right, but it does have unicode support, albeit slightly broken support.
> > Plus it's quite academic from a GNOME standpoint - there is no way we
> > could back off the Unicode strategy at this point, we're quite
> > committed.
> I was not suggesting we back off of Unicode or even arguing against it.
> Just dispersing misconceptions about its completeness.
> > Havoc
> "I don't think there is intelligent life within our solar system"
> -- Brian Behlendorf
] [Thread Prev