Re: help browser plan

John Fleck <jfleck inkstain net> writes:
> Mikael Hallendal has been working on a GNOME help browser based on
> DevHelp that he's calling Yelp, which uses gtkhtml2 and apparently
> sorta works.

Perfect - is it in CVS? Is it a fork of devhelp (ideally developers
would use the same help browser as users, right?)? Mikael do you think
a GNOME 2 (February) release date is feasible? Can we have something
that builds and mostly works starting now-ish, and go ahead and wire
it up to the gnome-libs stuff?

> If Yelp or something like it can be made to work as our primary help
> browser, I'd be in favor of it.

I agree with that. (And I'd like to go ahead and remove the Nautilus
help stuff if we do this - we can minimize complexity for both
developers and users by doing that.)

Havoc