Re: help browser plan

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:
> Right now, the top 3 candidates, mozilla, gtkhtml1 and gtkhtml2, all
> sound like they won't be ready in time.

Well, there are two mitigating factors for help browser:

 - the lib doesn't need to be API/ABI frozen, it can be "internal"
 - it only needs to display our usual DocBook output, it doesn't have
   to handle arbitrary web pages

I would think we could get one of the HTML viewers ready, given that.
It's not like gnome-help-browser was stable, and we lived with that
for ages.

Shipping sans help browser isn't an option really (though using the
one in Nautilus is an option, I'm not sure it makes things easier).

Anyway - regardless of how screwed we are for schedule, the point
stands - what is the plan? We need a plan. We need to know which HTML
thingy to start fixing, and which framework the HTML thingy will plug
into. i.e. if someone is going to start solving this problem today,
where do they start?

(nautilus-list readers, I (once again) accidentally used
nautilus-list gnome org for the original message, see archives of one
of the cc'd lists...)

Havoc