Re: platform http ibrary

On Wed, 2001-11-21 at 01:40, Justin Maurer wrote:
> On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 18:48, Christian Schaller wrote:
> > Hi Justin,
> > I thought that gnome-http was to be fully replaced by gnome-vfs for
> > GNOME 2.0, but I could be wrong :)
>
> me too. i only followed the discussion peripherally, though. did
> gnome-vfs have all the requisite features? my memory might be hazy, but
> i thought that it was just the closest thing at the time, but still
> needed some work. does anyone know for sure if the current plan is just
> to use it (possibly with the necessary enhancements)?

Things gnome-vfs's http stuff needs off the top of my head...redirect
support, ssl (or is that in yet?) ummm, generally the ability to queue
files to be downloaded, and then download them in one thread might be
nice.

I'm going to have a look at libsoup soon, I think it has all the above
(and it doesn't use threads for async stuff, so maybe I can download an
http file async without having 5 threads running :)

iain
--
Hope (n): The theological virtue defined as the desire and search for a
future