Re: Status of gtkhtml(2)?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Bill Haneman wrote:

> Jeff Waugh wrote:
> >
> > <quote who="Bill Haneman">
> >
> > > Not to mention the use Jeff originally mentioned - gnomecc.  Gnomecc *has*
> > > to be accessible sometime at or near 2.0 (much preferably with 2.0 and not
> > > later) - and we think doing this with a ported gtkhtml1 may not be
> > > feasible.
> >
> > Hopefully the primary gnomecc interface will be Nautilus - how is it looking
> > for accessibility?
>
> In that respect, very poor, since it uses gecko.

We also have the general problem that Mozilla/Gecko uses gtk+ 1.2, and
embedding that in a Bonobo2/Gtk2 container would mean rewriting Bonobo2 in
Gtk 1.2 or something.

So the mozilla view situation in Nautilus is currently "bad".

Blizzard was talking about porting Mozilla to Gtk+ 2, but this work hasn't
started yet, and we don't know when it will be finished.

/ Alex