Re: Review of libgnomeui's construct-time properties

On 18 Nov 2001, Murray Cumming wrote:

> On Sun, 2001-11-18 at 15:02, Tim Janik wrote:
> > widgets don't need to be unpacked, there's widget_show and widget_hide.
>
> Yes, I thought of that. I'm not sure that whether GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED(widget)

realized??

a widget is realized when it's toplevel is realized and it's not realized
when it's toplevel is not realized.
do you mean VISIBLE?

> is going to be a perfect replacement for widget != NULL here. I also think that
> the actual order is affected, not just whether they exist. I'll dive into the code
> again later.

> > > I do not know whether these things can really be set again after
> > > construction. If that functionality hasn't been used yet, then I suspect
> > > that the specific _construct() function is still needed first to make
> > > that possible.
> >
> > eh? there are setters for these things, so you can set them
> > at any time.
>
> Of course that's theoretically possible, but my point is that nobody has yet
> created one of these widgets without using the _new() function and then
> successfully set the arg. It might work, but that wasn't intended before so I
> wouldn't expect it to work magically now.

if it has setters, it _was_ intended in the first place.
whether it works or not is an implementation detail (if setters
do not work, that's usually called a "bug" and needs to be fixed
anyway).

---
ciaoTJ