Re: Outstanding issues

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> Here's what's left on blocking issues for 1.3.11:

Well, I'm probably missing something obvious, but as far as I can
tell, without API to allow a theme to override !redraw_on_allocate
widgets, gtk_set_redraw_on_allocate() will either be broken or
useless.

broken: if only parts of, say, GtkTextView's GdkWindow is invalidated
on opaque resize, then a theme can't use a gradient background for
that widget.

useless: if all parts of a widget's window is invalidated whether or
not the widget is redraw_on_allocate or not, then redraw_on_allocate
will serve no purpose.

Søren