Re: GNOME CVS: gnome-core mmclouglin

On Thu, 2001-11-15 at 16:23, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> > if the latter, this is not the right place to do it as GnomeDialog needs
> > to switch them around (if it hasn't).
>
> I don't think GnomeDialog _can_ switch them without breaking a bunch
> of stuff - the way the API works relies on button positions.

ugh.  i just looked at what the gtk patch did.

i had thought it did something to the hbbox to make it pack in the other
direction.  if it had done this, the gnome one can easily be fixed, as
it uses its internal button list and not anything from the hbbox to do
this.

there isn't a way to get an hbbox to go in reverse-language order (RTL
for LTR langs, LTR for RTL), is there?

and also, with the patch, if you add more buttons they actually end up
being on the right, not the end (how i figured it would work).  this
seems contrary to the point of the patch :/

jacob
--
"Beat mixing is 10000 times more fun than even video games."
	-- bt