Re: libgnome: User level

Cody Russell wrote:

> Also, a default value should exist somewhere.  When I install GNOME for
> the first time, I should be asked what user level to use.

But if you've never used it before (which will presumably be true of
most people installing anything for the first time), how do you know
what user level you're going to be?  (If your answer to this is
"beginner, obviously", then there's no point in asking you during the
installation-- the default should just be "beginner"...)

But that's one of the issues with user levels, for me... asking users to
categorise themselves always seems like a bit of a cop-out, especially
as they're often not very good at it.  (Example: in most surveys, >80%
of drivers consider themselves to be "better than average"...)

Cheeri,
Calum.