Re: libgnome: User level

On 20 Jun 2001 13:44:24 -0400, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Colm Smyth wrote:
> > My suggestion would be that every application that implements a
> > user-level feature should maintain it's own idea of user-level (and
> > this includes how it saves this setting to a configuration store like
> > GConf).
>
>         I would agree entirely. I like to think myself relatively familiar
> with emacs, but totaly inexpert with abiword eg.
>
>         Conversely, for some things that just appear to be a single part
> of the overall desktop [ to the user ] such as Nautilus & the panel -
> perhaps sharing the same setting helps a lot.

Also, a default value should exist somewhere.  When I install GNOME for
the first time, I should be asked what user level to use.  Applications
will then know where to begin with user level, and be adjustable from
there by the user.

--
Cody Russell, bratsche gnome org
http://grue.zork.org/~bratsche/