Re: GNOME 1.x and 2.0 interoperability issues

Hi Sander,

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Sander Vesik wrote:

> Well, if you look at the errors, orbit.h and oaf.h are coming from
> /usr/include while as I gather from the rest of your mail, gnome-2.0
> things went into /opt/gnome2

	I noticed that, that's why I asked :

I wrote :
> > 	When I don't want gcc to look into /usr/include but instead look
> > only at /opt/gnome2/include how do I do that ?

> Orbit and oaf inteerfaces changed - you need to make sure the relevant
> paths go to the include list and get included (it should happen, not sure
> why not in your case).

	Precisely, but gcc seems to be bent upon finding the include files
in /usr/include and -I /opt/gnome2/include/oaf-2.0 seems to be missing in
the list of cflags. Hmm. I did see a AC_SUBST(OAF_CFLAGS) in the
configure.in ...

> Orbit2 (or ORBit-martin-forked) so it looks like that either you didn't
> build and install it or your pkg-config does find the package files...

	I did build and install ORBit-martin-forked, Sander. I think the
problem here again is of using the header files from /usr/include instead
of the /opt/gnome2/include/ directory.

	Regards,

		Ravi

--
"If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."

              -- David Duchonvy in Readers' Digest

	Ravi Pratap M         <ravi che iitm ac in>
                      <http://www.iitm.ac.in/~ravi>