Re: GConf debate ... the hermenutical key.

Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com> writes:
> We are talking GNOME 2.0 here.  And we have broken more APIs for this
> release that I can list in the next couple of hours (speaking of Gtk+
> only here).

My point is that if bonobo-config is a wrapper, there's simply no
reason to break the API. Or the implementation.

> Few applications use GConf and it would take little effort to migrate
> them to a better system.  The only limitation to do such migration
> would be pride.

First we have to establish that we have a better system. ;-)

Let's wait for Elliot to write this up. (I don't know if he was really
planning to, but I am hoping so.)

I think it's silly to say that pride is my problem, when I've given a
number of technical issues that I consider pretty important.

Havoc