Re: GConf debate ... the hermenutical key.

Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com> writes:
> Yes, GConf was first. But what is wrong when someone tries to make things
> a little better. For example we can use CORBA_any now - so there is no
> longer any reason to use GConfValue.

 -> we already released that API and have to support it

You can add and have added the new interface with CORBA_any and we'll
gradually migrate to it if people like it more.

There's nothing wrong with trying to make things better, btw. But we
don't have the luxury of starting from scratch.

I think GConf users really appreciate the fact that I haven't been
breaking the API much.

Havoc