Re: GConf vs. bonobo-config

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:
> If Nautilus is ported to bonobo-config, you can still use the gconf moniker
> and thus store all your configuration through GConf. So there's no change at
> all for the user.

Unless the user is a sysadmin, who has to sort out this disaster of
gratuitous duplication.

> I guess so far we have no plan what to do with all the GNOME 1.x config
> in ~/.gnome once all apps are ported over to GNOME 2, or is there a plan for this ?

There certainly should be, and we have to think it through; but the
fact that we have this problem doesn't mean we should create more,
larger problems for ourselves, does it?

Two wrongs, not make a right, etc.

Havoc