where to put it all

Hi James,

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, James Henstridge wrote:
> It would make a lot more sense to place packages under /pub/GNOME,
> since some mirror sites will only be mirroring the /pub/GNOME
> directory, so would miss these packages.  There is already a
> /pub/GNOME/unstable directory which could be used.

        The problem is - we will need an identical hierarchy to that in
/pub/GNOME, and having an identical hirearcy based off a sub-part of
another hierarchy sounds like confusion and mess to me :-)

> How about /pub/GNOME/unstable/latest/gnome2 or something?

        /pub/GNOME/unstable/latest/gnome2/unstable/latest/sources ?
        /pub/GNOME/unstable/latest/gnome2/unstable/sources/linc ?
        /pub/GNOME/unstable/latest/gnome2/unstable/source/ORBit ?

        etc. - looks like a mess to me; Martin has renamed /pub/gnome2 to
/pub/pre-gnome2 due to the horrible ignorance of the slashdot masses, and
to avoid bad press. That seems fine to me for now.

        Regards,

                Michael.