help making librsvg and eel stay out of the way of GNOME 1 versions

Now that librsvg and eel build under GNOME 2, I'd like to make sure they use some scheme like the one used by the gnome-libs or gtk to keep libraries and headers out of the way so you can have both the old and new versions installed on the same system. (And I now really wish it was named libeel rather than eel!)

I was hoping to get some specific instructions on the easiest way to do this from one of the people who has already done this with other libraries.

Maybe we need to do this with gnome-vfs too, but that will require making a GNOME 1 branch for it, and we keep deferring that :-)

    -- Darin