Re: init clarity needed

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:

> It does not use bonobo, I don't think, although I have a hard time
> knowing the boundaries between libbonobo and libgnome these days. I
> replaced the test program's old code that called gnome_init to call
> gnome_program_init and then call gtk_init. I was surprised that I had
> to call both. Is that the correct way to do it? If so, I want to

No, that's not correct.

Look at libgnomeui/demos or libgnomeui/test-gnome:

You can use either

a)  gnome_program_init ("mdi_demo", "2.0", &libgnomeui_module_info,
                        argc, argv, NULL);

or

b)  gnome_program_init ("mdi_demo", "2.0", NULL, argc, argv,
                        GNOME_PARAM_MODULES, "libgnomeui", NULL);

> complain (mildly) that these two new calls are more complicated than
> the single old one in GNOME 1, and having to pass the moduleinfo
> struct and the vararg list of properties makes it hard for me to know
> if I did it right.
>
> The eel test currently doesn't pass any properties at all. Is that right?

Yes (if you use a)).

> When I tried this, I crashed because I hadn't set the config
> moniker. Was that just a bug?

Yes, that was a bug (which is now fixed, btw).

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)