Re: init clarity needed

Hi Darin,

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Darin Adler wrote:
> It does not use bonobo, I don't think, although I have a hard time
> knowing the boundaries between libbonobo and libgnome these days. I
> replaced the test program's old code that called gnome_init to call
> gnome_program_init and then call gtk_init. I was surprised that I had
> to call both. Is that the correct way to do it?

        Yes, this is a function of the GUI / non-GUI split.

        libgnome is entirely non-GUI code, you don't need X for it. Gtk+
is entirely GUI code, you do need X for it. If by initializing libgnome,
you require [ and initialize ] Gtk+, you have added a redundant GUI
dependency into libgnome.

        If you want the GUI dependency, hopefuly a libgnomeui type init
will solve the problem for you I hope.

        Regards,

                Michael.