Re: I get a cvs conflict when updating gtk+.

Miles Lane wrote:

Thanks for the reply James.

Perhaps I asked the wrong question.
I am wondering why I often see this conflict.  I am
not modifying this file by hand.  Is this an issue of
the sgml file getting overwritten by the build process?
Otherwise, I would expect that cvs would simply update
or patch the file, instead of ceasing to update the module's files. Perhaps this file should not be in the
repository, if it is a built file, rather than source.

gtk-doc updates those files as part of the build process. For many modules, if you pass --disable-gtk-doc tothe autogen/configure script, then the reference docs won't get rebuilt and you won't get this problem (and doing --disable-static will speed your builds almost by a factor of 2).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/