Re: I get a cvs conflict when updating gtk+.

On Wed, 2001-12-26 at 00:29, James Henstridge wrote:
> Miles Lane wrote:
>
> >Why do I get a conflict when updating
> >gtk+/docs/reference/gtk/tmpl/gtktextview.sgml?
> >This causes the v-b-s to halt the configuration
> >and compilation process.  If there is a way to prevent
> >these cvs conflicts, I'd like to help set it up.
> >
> That means that your local copy of the file differs from the copy on the
> server, and the changes to the version on the server could not be
> integrated into your local copy without a conflict.

Thanks for the reply James.

Perhaps I asked the wrong question.
I am wondering why I often see this conflict.  I am
not modifying this file by hand.  Is this an issue of
the sgml file getting overwritten by the build process?
Otherwise, I would expect that cvs would simply update
or patch the file, instead of ceasing to update the
module's files.  Perhaps this file should not be in the
repository, if it is a built file, rather than source.

Thanks,
	Miles