Re: Security reports in bugzilla?
- From: Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>
- To: Franck Martin <franck sopac org>
- Cc: gnome-2-0-list gnome org, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Security reports in bugzilla?
- Date: 23 Dec 2001 18:31:42 -0800
ESR doesn't exactly speak for the FSF ;-)
On Sun, 2001-12-23 at 11:08, Franck Martin wrote:
> >From Eric S. Raymond:
> On Sat, 2001-12-22 at 21:07, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > The Free Software Foundation is for total disclosure as soon as
> > possible.
> > Microsoft is for total secrety until the patch is released.
> > There are arguments on both sides of the story, and a search on the
> > Internet will give you all the arguments of both camps. However GNU , I
> > think, is for total disclosure as early as possible, so as the G in
> > GNOME means GNU then the path is easy to follow.
> Could you send us a link to this? I have never heard a stance by GNU or
> the FSF on security hole disclosure...
] [Thread Prev