Re: Security reports in bugzilla?
- From: Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>
- To: Franck Martin <franck sopac org>
- Cc: gnome-2-0-list gnome org, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Security reports in bugzilla?
- Date: 22 Dec 2001 13:07:24 -0800
> The Free Software Foundation is for total disclosure as soon as
> Microsoft is for total secrety until the patch is released.
> There are arguments on both sides of the story, and a search on the
> Internet will give you all the arguments of both camps. However GNU , I
> think, is for total disclosure as early as possible, so as the G in
> GNOME means GNU then the path is easy to follow.
Could you send us a link to this? I have never heard a stance by GNU or
the FSF on security hole disclosure...
] [Thread Prev