Re: vicious-build-scripts

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 07:15:29AM +1100, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 12:24:38PM -0500, Keith Adamson wrote:
> > I had problems with vicious-build-scripts;
> >
> > gnome-core looks for libglade-convert in PATH.  This isn't
> > installed by libglade in a PATH directory.
> >
> > Also, dependency on python >= 2 not checked by libglade ...
> > which is needed by libglade-convert.
>
> Neither of these things are true. Libglade installs libglade-convert
> into /gnome/head/INSTALL/bin under the default vbs setup (and into
> whatever directory binaries normally go in all cases).
>
> It also checks carefully for python >= 2.0 under a variety of names.

The python issue also tripped me up. libglade successfully
discovered that I did not have python2, and modified libglade-convert
appropriately to point at my python 1, but the gnome-core build then
choked because libglade-convert requires python2 to do its thing.

This problem was solved by upgrading my python to python2.

Cheers,
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h), http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/