Re: gnome-properties.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 10:43:53AM -0500, fflewddur wrote:
> i've started porting the multiload applet to gnome 2, but i'm running
> into a rather large problem with the way it handles internal data.  it
> uses the old gnome-properties interface, which appears to have been
> depreceated after gnome 1.0.  i was going to migrate all of this data to
> a local structure, but its tightly integrated into its preferences
> dialog.  is there a sucessor to gnome-properties i should be converting
> this to, or do i simply scrap the properties code and create a new
> preferences dialog from scratch as well as a new internal data
> structure?

Now we begin to see the problem with the porting document, for example.
It was relatively easy for me to find the deprecated bits, but I didn't
always track down what should replace it.

The data management that was handled by gnome-properties is now probably
in the domain of gconf, so some changes will be required. To help you
with designing a property changing dialong box, there is pong (another
of George's usefule contributions) which is documented at

	http://www.5z.com/jirka/pong-documentation/

(although it just occurred to me that I don't know if any porting work
is required on that and I can't get through to the 5z.com site to find
out at the moment).

This may not be anything like what you need (not knowing what the
internals of multiload look like), but maybe it's a hint.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.