Re: gnome-properties.

On Mon, 2001-12-10 at 10:58, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 10:43:53AM -0500, fflewddur wrote:
> > i've started porting the multiload applet to gnome 2, but i'm running
> > into a rather large problem with the way it handles internal data.  it
> > uses the old gnome-properties interface, which appears to have been
> > depreceated after gnome 1.0.  i was going to migrate all of this data to
> > a local structure, but its tightly integrated into its preferences
> > dialog.  is there a sucessor to gnome-properties i should be converting
> > this to, or do i simply scrap the properties code and create a new
> > preferences dialog from scratch as well as a new internal data
> > structure?
>
> Now we begin to see the problem with the porting document, for example.
> It was relatively easy for me to find the deprecated bits, but I didn't
> always track down what should replace it.

i think this isn't as big of an issue as you think.  the only things
using this interface were multiload applet and gtop (which is why it was
removed).

if you really want to, you could grab the old gnome-preferences code and
link it into the applet for now...

jacob
--
"In fact, can you imagine anything more terrifying than a zombie clown?"
	-- moby