Re: Daily eye candy.

lör 2001-12-08 klockan 11.45 skrev Daniel Veillard:
> On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 03:46:26AM -0800, Chris Phelps wrote:
> > http://glimmer.sf.net/gnome2/gnome-file-selector.png
> >
> > This is the beginning of my GnomeFileSelector, because the GtkFileSel
> > sucks. This is a widget that I've used in Glimmer for some time now, but
> > only recently VFS'd. Today I ported it to GTK+ 2 and pretty much rewrote
> > everything from scratch except the URI handling code...it uses
> > GtkListStore and GtkTreeView to display the lists of course. Tomorrow I
> > hope to hack together some support for the EShotcut bar, If it's not
> > ported yet, I'll start with that and then hopefully get a working
> > implementation going asap.
>
>   Looks really nice !!!
> However one of the most annoying problem I have with 1.4 file selector
> is when trying (as an user) to use it to save a resource to some place. Galeon
> uses it to prompt the user for the pace to save a downloaded resource,
> Unfortunately as soon as one change the directory the existing filename is lost.
> This makes it very frustrating for this (specific) use.
> IMHO this illustrate the difference between a File selector and a Path selector,
> is this provided somewhere in the 1.4 or 2.0 platforms ?

Yes, will this be "solved" in Gtk+ 2 (or GNOME 2?). Is there any reason
why it behaves as it does, I mean, who wants it to whipe out the
filename when changing directory?

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/