File selectors (was Re: Daily eye candy.)

Chris Phelps wrote:
> http://glimmer.sf.net/gnome2/gnome-file-selector.png
>
> This is the beginning of my GnomeFileSelector, because the GtkFileSel
> sucks. This is a widget that I've used in Glimmer for some time now, but
> only recently VFS'd. Today I ported it to GTK+ 2 and pretty much rewrote
> everything from scratch except the URI handling code...it uses
> GtkListStore and GtkTreeView to display the lists of course. Tomorrow I
> hope to hack together some support for the EShotcut bar, If it's not
> ported yet, I'll start with that and then hopefully get a working
> implementation going asap.

Hi Chris!
There used to be some project with similar goals on
http://bug-buddy.org/gnome-file-selector/ (currently unreachable) and in
the filesel module in cvs, that (if I remember correctly) also solved
some usability problems with the current GTK+ file selector (discussed
on the usability list) and had a revamped interface. I see that you have
committed to this module in the past, but is this another file selector?

Sorry if I'm confused :-)

Christian